A little history
I live in Sydney but I’m happy to travel to other cities, states and countries for work – and of course, for holidays and fun.
I have formal qualifications in science, education, health and psychology – BSc, GradDipEd, GradDipEdStud(Health), DipHyp, MEd and GradDipPsych. And I have over 40 years experience – some details are down below.
I’ve been a Rescue Officer volunteer and trainer with the NSW State Emergency Services, a Tourist Guide at Jenolan Caves, NSW, a Taxi Driver and a counsellor at the Crisis Centre , Wayside Chapel, Sydney.
I was a full-time employee for 26 years starting as a Teacher way back in 1977. I left in 1983 and went on to be: a Lecturer in health education and behaviour management; an Educator with the Family Planning Association; a Senior Education Officer in the ‘drug and alcohol’ field, in infection control and then in health promotion; a Manager in the Health sector (in HIV/AIDS, HCV, sexual health & continuing education) and Team Leader (as a non-sworn officer) in The Drug Programs Coordination Unit in NSW Police. I’ve been a consultant researcher, evaluator and instructional designer.
For the last 17 years I’ve concentrated on helping CEOs, Managers, Business Owners and Members of the School Executive get the best possible behaviour, communication and performance from people.
The benefit for you is, I’ve
- Done the hard yards. I’ve worked with lots of different people from lots of different organisations. And was a team member, team leader, manager, and manager of managers.
- Managed all sorts of teams of different sizes – sometimes with team members being in different cities.
- Written and delivered a lot of presentations on all sorts of topics to all sorts of different audiences – from delivering research results at a World Tobacco & Health Conference in Perth to delivering a paper at the World Harm minimisation Conference in Belfast.
- Designed and delivered a lot of workshops – from managing alcohol consumption (for QANTAS apprentices) to controlling infection in hospitals (for nurses and allied health professionals) to how to manage alcohol-related crime (an accredited 7 full-day residential program for serving Police Officers at The NSW State Police College).
- Coached a lot of people – on everything from how to build a great team to managing difficult people to how to develop great people skills.
- Developed innovated advanced behaviour-rehearsal techniques to replace old-fashioned traditional role-plays many of us are familiar with.
- Had the tough conversations you need to have. I know what it’s like to stand up to bad behaviour and deal with difficult people. And I know what it’s like to be given a team that isn’t performing well and slowly but surely, turn things around.
If you’d like to have a chat or send me a message, it’s easy. Just follow this link.